The central image shows a lateral view of a normal spinal column and its location in the human body. The 4 curvature regions of the spine are indicated, vertebrae are labeled.
Also illustrates the following normal anatomy:
- detailed labeled cross-section of a typical cervical vertebra
- typical cervical, thoracic and lumbar vertebrae
- structural features of an intervertebral disc
- function of the intervertebral discs
Discusses and illustrates the following diseases and disorders and how they can cause back pain:
- the effects of osteoporosis on bones
- various fractures of the vertebrae and sacrum
- shows and explains hyperkyphosis, scolosis, and hyperlordosis
- shows tumors on the spinal column, ilium, sacrum, and spinal cord
- arthritis of the hip
- herniated disc
Wall chart: 26"x20"