Peppermint Essential Oil 20mL
Product description: The aroma of Peppermint Oil is familiar to most - potent, fresh, and minty that produces a cooling and refreshing sensation.
A favorite around Christmas and the holidays, it is well - known for its refreshing and revitalizing properties.
This refreshing garden herb has been used as a flavoring agent and medicinal home remedy for centuries.
The Peppermint leaves contain menthol which induces a cooling sensation and use of Peppermint Oil in a body mist or in a diffuser could cool you down.
It is a well-known fact that menthol helps ease tension headaches, muscular aches, and pains.
Emotionally, Peppermint Oil is known to be stimulating and is a good choice for blends intended to enhance alertness and stamina.
Quick and easy recipes: In aromatherapy, Peppermint is used to revive and refresh.
- We love it in candies and breath mints, while diluted in a carrier oil such as Sweet Almond and massaged on the abdomen, it may help with digestive aches.
- To improve poor concentration, vaporize 3 drops Peppermint and 3 drops Rosemary.
- To ease nausea, or travel or morning sickness, inhale 2 drops Peppermint on a tissue.
- To ease fatigue, take a bath in 2 drops Peppermint and 4 drops Myrtle.
- It also helps to ease menstrual cramping, and with colds.
- To reduce pain after sprains or strain, use a cold compress with 2 drops Peppermint and 2 drops Yarrow.
- On baseboards, it is great for repelling insects - especially spiders!
Caution: Peppermint Oil is non-toxic. This oil is a moderate skin sensitizer; avoid it in baths or massage if you have sensitive skin. Always well dilute appropriately before applying to the skin, as a high concentration can cause a burning sensation. If pregnant or on medication, consult a health-care practitioner before using.